Established in 2013 as the Leadership and Development arm of Islamic Relief Worldwide, the Humanitarian Academy for Development (HAD) is now a centre of excellence serving the Leadership, Research and Talent Development needs of the humanitarian sector.
We work with Charities, NGOs, CSOs, academic institutions and other like-minded individuals and organisations to critically examine experiences from the field and impart this knowledge through training and research.
Areas of operation
- Learning & Development: developing capabilities through training programmes for any sector
- Research & Development: industry leading humanitarian research and development
- Talent development: internships in the humanitarian and development sector
Our mission is to enhance the knowledge and skills of the humanitarian sector and through capacity building, applied research and leadership development.
- To satisfy the capacity building, knowledge generation and leadership development needs of the Humanitarian Sector.
- To be a leading global think-tank in the humanitarian sector, with a focus on the developing world.
- To develop and inspire better humanitarian approaches and solutions through real-world research and best practice that bridges the knowledge and skills gap.
- To prepare, educate and empower humanitarian actors and policy makers right across the aid sector, contributing to an overall improved impact.
- To be recognised as a leading authority on Islamic perspectives within humanitarian and development issues.
- To provide excellent training facilities and services to all our stakeholders, at competitive rates.