Child Protection & Safeguarding
Project Management and Programme Quality
Any adult who works with children and vulnerable people has a duty of care. In the humanitarian sector you will come into contact with the traumatised and vulnerable so it’s important you’re able to help them effectively. The HAD Child Protection & Safeguarding course will explain how you can safeguard children, outline how you can recognise the signs of abuse and show you how to report any concerns.
- To develop safe working practices.
- To respond to child abuse concerns or reports in line with statutory processes, procedures and requirements.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course is beneficial to anyone who comes into contact with children and young people and has an interest in child protection.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define child protection and child abuse.
- Outline their duty of care to children.
- Respond to child abuse concerns or reports in line with statutory processes, procedures and requirements.
- Develop safe working practices.