Child Protection & Safeguarding
Project Management and Programme Quality
Any adult who works with children and vulnerable people has a duty of care, above all in the humanitarian sector where they may well already be traumatised and vulnerable. The course will explain how to safeguard children. It will also outline how to recognise the signs of abuse and how to report concerns.
- To develop safe working practices.
- To respond to child abuse concerns or reports in line with statutory processes, procedures and requirements.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course is beneficial to anyone who comes into contact with children and young people and has an interest inf child protection.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define child protection and child abuse.
- Outline their duty of care to children.
- Respond to child abuse concerns or reports in line with statutory processes, procedures and requirements.
- Develop safe working practices.