Management Development Programme (MDP)
Management and Leadership
It is commonly believed that ‘management is just common sense’ – if you’ve done the job for several years then you can easily step up to managing people doing the job. Not so: management is a job in its own right with its own skill set and knowledge base.
This intensive training equips people to fulfil their management potential. It provides the knowledge, skills and attitudes to enhance their own effectiveness and efficiency and that of their team and thereby ultimately the wider organisation.
Following the completion of the MDP, participants will have the opportunity to gain the prestigious and ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management, which is equivalent to degree level.
Participants who wish to pursue this qualification will receive ILM membership and and access to the Institute’s online studying resources.
Delegates will also be allocated their own Academy mentor allowing participants to receive the support that they need to complete assignments.
- To more effectively manage yourself and others.
- To develop personal effectiveness and interpersonal skills.
- To lead and motivate teams to excellence.
What will you learn
- The range of options and developing a personal management style.
- Becoming an effective leader and developing effective teamwork.
- How to motivate and maximise people’s performance.
- Managing conflict and ‘the difficult conversation’.
- Creating a positive environment through change.
- Understanding learning styles and how to manage individual development.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Any employer in any sector.
- Large-medium organisation: likely to be middle and first line mangers; smaller organisation: might well be middle and more senior managers.
- Ideal for new managers but also for more experienced people who have had little management training.