Research Methods in Quantitative Analysis
Understanding statistics is essential to being able to interpret results of studies. It helps develop analytical and critical thinking.
This course will help make sense of variability, informs you of effective planning and decision making, and will help you understand Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS) – a computer application that supports statistical analysis of data.
You will also learn how SPSS, as a comprehensive and flexible tool, can use data from almost any type of file to generate tabulated reports, charts, plots of distributions and trends and descriptive statistics.
- To introduce participants to the principles of data analysis using SPSS.
- To provide basic knowledge on quantitative data analysis in SPSS for the purpose of monitoring and impact evaluation.
- To equip participants with essential tools of data entry, analysis and presentation of data.
Who will benefit from this course?
Any member of staff that is likely to conduct and evaluate research as part of their work.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Create an SPSS database and prepare data for SPSS entry.
- Identify limitation of data and statistical tests used for analysis.
- Analyse the quality of the data.
- Generate reports and charts.