Global Internship in Lebanon and Jordan
(MADAD Youth RESOLVE)
- Do you have a passion for serving others, a humanitarian at heart?
- Interested in pursuing a career in the NGO sector, but require a starting point or experience?
- Looking for an internship that provides real life experience?
Through this incredible opportunity you will be:
- Spend 3 months in a field deployment in either Lebanon or Jordon.
- Develop the practical skills needed to activate your potential through a combination of training and work based learning.
- Participate in and contribute to a Youth Policy Roundtable in Brussels.
About the Scheme
In partnership with World Vision and Generation for peace, Islamic Relief Worldwide are seeking enthusiastic, highly-motivated, dynamic and passionate Interns, who share our aim to empower young people to strengthen the resilience of Syrian refugee youth and their counterparts from host communities enabling them to become positive actors in post-conflict reconstruction.
We want to help you develop your professional skills while putting your passions to good use.
If you’ve always wanted to see the inner workings of a large non-profit organization at the front line then this is the opportunity for you.
Islamic Relief’s Internship Programme is an opportunity for graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to undergo work experience within a truly global humanitarian organisation setting.
Upon completion, applicants will be equipped to pursue a career within the Humanitarian Sector.
The Global Internships are geared towards early-career humanitarians with a passion for improving the lives of others.
Applicants for the Global internship should have the following minimum requirements:
- EU National
- A 2:1 degree in Political Sciences, International Relations or other related Social Science degrees, obtained in the last 2 years.
- An understanding of humanitarian and development work, as well as a commitment to the principles and values that underpin them, including the commitment to improving the lives of those in need regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief.
- Awareness and knowledge of international affairs, global citizenship and socio-political issues within the region.
- Personal conduct, integrity and humility that commend the confidence of colleagues, external partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of working with activists or volunteers and an interest in campaigning, advocacy and external affairs.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, work independently and under pressure, as well as adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
- Proactivity and with the ability to use initiative to get things done.
- Good teamwork, relational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent writing and oral skills with the ability to adapt the communication style in order to suit different audiences.
- Commitment to learning and fulfilling the Internship Programme learning objectives.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field for up to 3 months and work in challenging environments (travel expenses and accommodation will be paid).
- IT skills proficiency, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt oral and written communication methods and styles to suit the audience.
To view and apply for the internships click here