Are you seeking an Internship with an International NGO? Are you a Graduate or Post Graduate student?
Through our association with Islamic Relief Worldwide, the Humanitarian Academy for Development (HAD) is seeking enthusiastic, highly-motivated interns to work at Islamic Relief Worldwide, Islamic Relief UK and HAD.
Through a combination of work assignments and practical experience the roles are designed to give you a thorough insight and an understanding of a variety of functions, including:
- Research and Development
- Human Resources
Upon completion, applicants you will be equipped to pursue a career within the humanitarian sector, or to explore other alternatives having gained transferable skills and knowledge.
Many of our graduates have gone on to be employed by Islamic Relief or HAD.
- A Graduate or Post Graduate student with a minimum honours degree in the last 2 years
- An understanding of humanitarian and development work
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Proactive and able to use own initiative to get things done and prioritise his or her workload
- Strong written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Committed to learning and completing the Internships Scheme
- Passionate about serving the needs of the world’s most vulnerable people
- Highly-motivated, dynamic with strong communications skills and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Committed to Islamic Relief’s faith-inspired values and core humanitarian principles
- Able to travel to the field if required for up to 4 weeks in challenging environments (all expenses are paid)
If you are a recent graduate wanting to start your career in the humanitarian sector and can commit to a three months unpaid internship in Birmingham or London then we want to hear from you.
To view and apply for our complete list of opportunities please click here