Faith values and principles can play a significant role in promoting social justice and sustainable development. Due to this, conducting research that identifies the role played by faith in continuing sustainable development and humanitarian aid efforts worldwide is of significant importance. Existing research indicates that communities in many developing countries are more likely to be influenced by faith-informed practices – this indicates that an awareness of faith perspectives is important for all organisations looking to impact a range of communities. Faith perspectives can provide expertise in many key development areas including poverty reduction, gender equality and conflict prevention.
Topics may include:
· Islamic perspectives on development and humanitarian aid
· Interfaith perspectives on development and humanitarian aid
· Interfaith cooperation on development and humanitarian aid
· The role of faith-inspired organisations and other faith actors
· Opportunities and challenges of working as faith-inspired organisations
Sign up to our newsletter
Get all the latest news, events and information about upcoming training courses from HAD.