Kickstart Placement Scheme
What are Kickstart Placements?
A Kickstart Placement is a 6-month paid role within Islamic Relief, funded by the Government. It provides a fully-funded opportunity for young people to gain experience of working in one of Britain’s largest NGO’s.
The programme has now been closed as part of a decision made by the UK government. We are no longer recruiting for roles under this scheme but if it reopens, then we may recruit again so please check back regularly.
Who can apply for Kickstart Placements?
You must be between 16-24 years old and in receipt of Universal Credit. Specific roles will also have individual personal specifications for the skills and experience required.
How can I apply for these Placements?
If the scheme opens again, you can apply through a referral from your DWP Work Coach. To contact your Work Coach:
- Log in to your Universal Credit account online
- Navigate to the “Journal” section of the page
- On the Journal page, make a Journal Entry saying you request to speak to a Work Coach regarding Kickstart Placements posted by Islamic Relief.
- When your Work Coach contacts you, explain that you wish to apply to one or more of the Placements at Islamic Relief, and this will start the application process.
- You may need to provide your Work Coach with the location and Reference Number of the roles to find them on the system, please find this information in the listings below!
VOLUNTEERS DEPARTMENT OFFICER
REGIONAL DESK ASSISTANT (MIDDLE EAST)
Sign up to our newsletter
Get all the latest news, events and information about upcoming training courses from HAD.